While TexJoy may have started as a coffee company, they’ve diversified their offerings to become one of the most recognizable (and tasty) seasonings and spices brands in the South. Known for their rich flavor blends and strong aromas, those little yellow jars are unmistakable in supermarkets and on kitchen shelves everywhere with hungry people knowing that just a dash of TexJoy can pack a punch to just about any recipe.
If you’re looking to elevate your Super Bowl offerings, some of these recipes pre-date the event itself, but that just means they’ve withstood the test of time and have kept families and friends well-fed for decades. Whoever you’re rooting for, eat up and go sports!
Seasonings Needed: Butt & Rib Tickler Pork Rub
2 lb Lean Pork Butt
TexJoy Butt & Rib Tickler Pork Rub
TexJoy Worchestire Steak Seasoning
1 Can of Soda
2 Packs of Hawaiian Rolls
1. Line slow cooker with a plastic liner for easy cleanup.
2. Sprinkle TexJoy Butt & Rib Tickler Pork Rub on pork butt. Rub seasoning in. Repeat until fully covered.
3. Place seasoned pork butt onto the lined slow cooker. Sprinkle with TexJoy Worchestire Steak Seasoning to your liking. Add soda.
4. Cook on medium heat for 7 hours or until easy to pull apart with a fork.
5. Use two forks to pull pork. Mix to incorporate the sauce.
6. Toast Hawaiian rolls in oven 2-3 minutes
7. Place pulled pork on roll and top with coleslaw (if desired).
Makes 24 sliders.
Seasonings Needed: Garlic Salt
1 box Rice Chex
2 bags of pretzels
1 box Spoon Size Shredded Wheat
1 box Cheerios
2 tablespoons TexJoy Garlic Salt
14 oz. TexJoy Bar-B-Que Sauce Mix (dry)
3 cups pecans
2 lbs stick oleo
1 tablespoon MSG
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1. Mix all ingredients into a large oven-safe container, like a large roasting pan.
2. Bake one hour at 250 degrees.
3. Stir the mixture every 15 minutes during baking.
4. Let cool; store in airtight container(s).
Seasonings Needed: Chili Powder, Comino, Red Pepper, Oregano
2 lbs. ground beef or chili meat
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup onion, chopped
1 (14 ½ oz.) can diced tomatoes
½ cup TexJoy chili powder (one of our most popular, most famous spices; a key ingredient to some of the best chili contest champs!)
2 teaspoons TexJoy oregano
2 teaspoons TexJoy ground comino
1 teaspoon TexJoy red pepper or more if desired
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 ½ cups beef broth
1 ½ cups hot water
1 (15 oz.) can ranch style beans (optional)
1. Brown ground meat, garlic, and onion; add tomatoes and simmer together a few minutes.
2. Add chili powder, oregano, ground comino, red pepper, salt, tomato paste, beef broth, water, and beans (if desired).
3. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Seasonings Needed: Steak
1 lb. process cheese spread, Mexican hot (Velveeta)
1 lb. process cheese spread, Mexican mild (Velveeta)
2 (10 ¾ oz.) cans cream of celery soup
1/2 teaspoon of TexJoy Steak Seasoning (less or more to preferred taste)
1 (10 ¾ oz.) soup can of milk
1. Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave for 3 minutes, stir with a whip, microwave 2 more minutes or until smooth.
Yield: 4 pints
Seasonings Needed: Seaport Coffee
½ lb. bacon, diced
½ cup onion, chopped
2 (16 oz.) cans baked beans
½ cup molasses
½ cup brewed Seaport Coffee
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
1. Sauté bacon and onion until bacon is beginning to crisp and onion is limp.
2. Drain and discard any excess fat.
3. Combine with remaining ingredients in a large ovenproof casserole.
4. Bake at 350-degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Yield: 8 – 10 servings
All recipes courtesy of TexJoy.