South Texas State Fair & Rodeo
March 24 - April 3, 2022
The YMBL South Texas State Fair & Rodeo brings thousands of visitors to Beaumont each spring with food, entertainment, and, of course, carnival rides. The Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) showcases the country's top cowboys and cowgirls at the YMBL Championship Rodeo while locals present their masterpieces at the School Art, Quilt and Photo Show. There's a Livestock & Poultry Show as well as a Youth Animal Auction, Kids Fun Zone and more.
Held annually at the Ford Park Entertainment Complex, the fairgrounds are filled to near capacity with over 250 booths dishing out exotic and intriguing dishes made for easy eating on the go - funnel cakes, cheesecake-on-a-stick, pork-kabobs, rabbit-on-a-stick, fried alligator, fried pickles and more.
TICKET BOOTH ADMISSION TICKET PURCHASE PRICES: Kids 2 years and under FREE. Youth, 3 ‑ 12 years, $5.00; Adults 13 – 64 years, $10.00; Senior Citizens 65 and over, $5.00; Parking is FREE.
Carnival Rides / Midway Prices
All rides require between 2 - 6 tickets each. Individual tickets may be purchased for $1 or unlimited ride wristbands are available for $35. Find ride hours and more info.
Some of the quirkier, not-to-miss attractions include daily high dive shows (there's a man on fire!) and extreme dog tricks (cheer for your favorite high-flying four-legged friend).
Every day, you can check out the livestock, poultry, rabbit show, kid's fun zone, petting zoo, camel and pony rides, Dana Kunze World Class High Drive Show, carnival rides/Midway, relaxation stations, school art show, photography contest, quilt show, stunt dog show, and musicians and entertainers from Sweet Southern Sound.
- Thursday, March 24 - open 6-10 pm, Opening Night Festivities
- Friday, March 25 - open 5-11 pm, Rodeo Night at 7 pm - tickets $10 for general admission, $20 reserved seating
- Saturday, March 26 - open 12-11 pm, Rodeo Matinee at 5 pm - tickets $10 for general admission, $20 reserved seating
- Sunday, March 27 - open 12-10 pm, H-E-B Fair Share for Hunger (free entry with six non-perishable canned vegetables)
- Monday, March 28 - open 5-10 pm, Free Fun Night (free entry courtesy of Provost Umphrey Law Firm and $2 rides all evening)
- Tuesday, March 29 - open 5-10 pm, Education First Family Fun Night (free entry with coupons from here and $20 unlimited ride wristbands)
- Wednesday, March 30 - open 5-10 pm, $2 Ride Night
- Thursday, March 31 - open 5-10 pm, Military & First Responders Appreciation Night (free admission for active, retired, reserve military, National Guard, disabled veterans along with active First Responders along with their dependents)
- Friday, April 1 - open 5-11 pm, Ride Wristband Night
- Saturday, April 2 - open 12-11 pm, Kids Day (free entry for everyone under the age of 17)
- Sunday, April 3 - open 12-8 pm, Coca-Cola/Dr. Pepper Cantastic Sunday (free entry with a full or empty six-pack)
The South Texas State Fair has implemented the following safety guidelines to attend the upcoming 2022 fair:
- Strongly recommend all guests wear a face mask to attend.
- Follow all directional signage that accommodates a socially distanced capable environment.
- Frequently use the hand sanitizing stations that will be readily accessible throughout the fairgrounds.
- Be considerate of others around you and follow social distancing protocols.
- Adherence to the guidelines to assist in their efforts to present a safe and successful fair.
COVID-19 Exposure is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present: Guests should only attend after evaluating their own health risks.
The South Texas State Fair cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.
Purchase of a ticket, pass or ride armband, and entry into the South Texas State Fairgrounds constitutes your understanding of these risks and your willingness to undertake the risk of exposure. No refunds will be given following your entry to the Fairgrounds.