Guided Canoe Trip To View Nesting Bald Eagles
- 634 Park Road 48 South, Jasper, TX 75951
- (409) 698-6636
- Master Naturalist Gerald
- February 15, 2020
- Martin Dies Jr. State Park
- 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- Park Entrance Fee: $4 per person over the age of 13, children 12 and under are free.
Want to have a paddling experience where you can view nesting Bald Eagles and see wildlife? Join a Master Naturalist Gerald for a fun paddling adventure. Register here!
Join Master Naturalist Gerald to paddle onto the lake and get a chance to view our nesting Bald Eagles up close, without disturbing them. This trip includes basic canoe instruction and allows you to discover the natural resources that make our park so special.
Space is limited so please sign-up ahead by following the link below:
*1 ticket is for 1 canoe. 2 adults fit in 1 canoe. 1-2 small children can sit criss-cross in the middle and two very small children can fit in the middle.
*IF YOU CANNOT COME YOU NEED TO CANCEL VIA EVENTBRITE. The same website that you register with will allow you to easily cancel without having to call in. If you do not cancel and do not show up for the trip your name will be put on a waitlist for all future canoe trips; you will not get first chance at the trip.
Where to Meet: Meet at the Walnut Ridge day-use area where the canoes are located.
What to Have/Bring:
- Park permit in your windshield (received from park headquarters or self-pay station - pay with cash at the self-pay station, $4 per person, children 12 and under are free).
- Full water bottle or similar beverages to keep you hydrated.
- Close-toed shoes, secure water shoes or old tennis shoes that you don't mind getting wet (flip-flops are not recommended).
- A hat that won't blow away in high winds.
- Dress for the weather.
- Bug spray.
- Dry bag, zip lock bags, or waterproof containers for your gear (we are not responsible for any damages to your possessions).
- Something soft such as a cushion or towel to sit on.
- Any special medication.
- If your hands are not conditioned to paddling consider bringing gloves to help avoid blisters.
What to Know:
- Be prepared to be out on the water for two hours.
- Please use the bathroom before showing up at the launch site. There are no bathrooms at the launch site.
- Canoes, paddles, and life jackets are provided by Martin Dies, Jr. State Park. Children 12 years old and younger must wear their life jacket, it is the law.
- Participants must be able to carry a 60-pound canoe to the water.
- Visitors with their own canoes and kayaks are welcome to join.
There is no fee for attending this program; however, payment of park entrance fees are required. Entrance fees are paid at Park Headquarters or the self-pay stations and are $4 per person over the age of 13, children 12 and under are free.
This program is subject to cancellation in the event of inclement weather. Unfortunately, we are unable to reschedule canceled programs.
All Dates for This Event
- 9:30a to 12:00p
Sat, January 18, 2020
- 9:30a to 12:00p
Sat, February 15, 2020