2023 Season update
The smell of fresh-cut firs is teeming to be in the air this holiday season!
When do you visit the Christmas tree farm?
If a live Christmas tree isn’t necessarily the fit for your family’s living room this holiday season, perhaps family pictures with a beautiful outdoor setting for the Christmas card, or simply visiting these local tree farms with hot chocolate or apple cider in hand can be the alternative to enjoy and create memories together.
Southeast Texas is home to some wonderful Christmas tree farms that offer fresh, local options for all your holiday decorating and festivities! Check out the list below to find one near you!
Beavers’ Christmas Tree Farm
4382 FM #1009, Nome, TX 77713
A choose and cut tree farm! Only cash and checks are accepted. Take your tree or tag it, pay for it, and pick it up before December 19th.
OPEN: Starting Wednesday, November 22rd, 2023 at 8:00am.
Weekdays: 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Weekends (including Friday, November 25th): 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Bozeman’s Christmas Tree Farm
7470 Hickory Hollow Dr., Lumberton, TX 77657
A “you-choose, we-cut” tree farm with Virginia Pines, Frasier Firs, and 24” wreaths. Snow flocked tree options available. Trees are priced by quality, not height. Enjoy a kettle corn vendor, food truck, coffee & hot chocolate barista, along with crafts for sale as well!
Tips/Tricks: Handicap accessible. Special family tradition and holiday photo ops. Trees sell out quickly here, so do not wait!
OPEN: Starting Thanksgiving Day at 2 PM
Monday-Thursday: 4 PM until dark
Friday-Sunday: 10 AM until dark
Double Creek Farm
1288 Oakdale Loop, Livingston, TX 77351
Take a hayride out to the fields, where you can select your own Virginia Pine or Carolina Sapphire to cut, or choose pre-cut fir, spruce, & pine from Michigan. Wreaths, gifts, snacks and drinks are also available! Everything you need is provided, from saws to tags. No power saws allowed. Special Charlie Brown trees also available. Cash and credit card accepted in the gift shop and for tree sales. A wooden playground fort, duck races, and bounce houses are usually on hand to make it a fun family day for all ages!
OPEN: Starting Friday after Thanksgiving
Fridays & Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sundays: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
M & M Christmas Tree Farm
13602 Powers Rd, Hamshire, TX 77622
A choose and cut tree farm! Follow on Facebook and Instagram to view the beautiful, fun, and unique photo ops and lovely decorated trees customers share once home. Call 409-698-9945 for additional questions. Option to cut down on your own, or choose and they will cut and load for you. Cash & card accepted ($3 convenience fee on all credit and debit cards). No checks accepted. See photography schedule for dates free and open to the public. Weekends usually include a snow cone truck and a little store open with hot cocoa and wassail on site.
OPEN: November 20 – November 26: 9:30 AM – 5 PM
Closed on Thanksgiving Day.
November 30 – December 3:
Thursday & Friday: 2 – 5 PM
Saturday & Sunday: 9:30 AM – 5 PM
Noel Tree Farm & Christmas Market
155 FM 2827 Rd, Warren, TX 77664
Fresh hand-cut Christmas trees. Enjoy an old-fashioned fun filled family Christmas tree farm, offering several varieties of fir for your family to choose from. Varieties include Douglas Fir, Nordman Fir, and Noble Fir. All trees are fresh cut and guaranteed to last through the season. Call (409) 651-6539 for additional questions. Lot will be open until sold out.
OPEN: November 24th – December 10th
Weekdays: 5 – 9 PM
Saturdays: 10 AM – 9 PM
Sundays: 12 – 4 PM
Third Day Farm and Ranch
373 CR 092, Jasper, TX 75951
Celebrating the second year of selling live Christmas trees on Third Day Farm and Ranch! Bring your family out, select a tree, and they will cut it down for you.
Always check their Facebook page or call Dan at 409-291-1456 before going in case of inclement weather, schedule changes, etc. They are happy to answer questions, available for field trips, and more!
OPEN: Starting Monday after Thanksgiving
Daily: 8 AM – 12 PM
FRESH-CUT CHRISTMAS TREE STANDS
Aside from the usual, more centrally located garden centers of stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s to depend on in choosing a live Christmas Tree, also check out these highly recommended spots:
–Wilson’s Trees – College St. in Beaumont, TX next to the Computer Shak across from M&D
–Village Market – 1015 N Main St. in Lumberton, TX
The trees are usually delivered the week of Thanksgiving, so expect availability shortly thereafter.
LOCAL FARMERS MARKETS, COMMUNITY GARDENS, & MORE
- Southeast Texas Farmers Markets – check our updated master list and find one near you!
- The Giving Field on Liberty St. (Beaumont): A non-profit garden with a mission to feed the hungry in our area with the help of all interested Golden Triangle schools and volunteers. Year round production of organic fruits and vegetables donated to local soup kitchens. Contact: Sharon Begnaud; 409-201-8702 (or ext 122).
- Pear Orchard Community Garden/Farm (Beaumont): A local family-created community garden with a mission to educate and motivate the next generation by revitalizing the community through agriculture. Contact: Chef Delilah Johnson; 409-338-3712.
- Slow Food Beaumont (Beaumont): raises “awareness about the fresh, local, and fair food of Southeast Texas and the enjoyment of shared foods.” Slow Food Beaumont is looking for volunteers to assist with the Mobile Produce Market and other food events in the community. Members enjoy monthly meetups, along with free, fun food events and field trips. Follow their Facebook page for announcements of 50 cent/lb. produce days and locations.
- Mid County Victory Garden (Nederland): A non-profit community victory garden to educate those willing to volunteer their time and donate the produce to local senior citizen activity centers. If you have questions, or would like to schedule a group to volunteer, feel free to contact Desiree Kleypas, (409)223-0493, email@example.com.
- Eclectic Acres Farm (Orange): Pasture-raised meat. Follow their FB for special Family Fun Days where families are welcomed to the farm to learn and explore firsthand. Frequents several local farmers markets. Currently accepting pre-orders for fresh Thanksgiving turkeys.
- Lone Star Sustainable Farm LLC (Warren): Pasture-raised meat, rotationally grazed. Beef, chicken, and pork available. Frequents the Beaumont Farmers Market on Saturdays. Price List
- Sweet Bee Farm and Apiary (Woodville): Recently created Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) boxes for weekly pickup at the farm or Woodville Farmers Market. Supplies “unprocessed local raw honey, luxe handcrafted creamed honey, raw or infused as well as multiple flavors of infused honey” along with artisan small batch jellies and jams, seasonally.