Now that the temperature is starting to cool down and the new Cattail Marsh Scenic Wetlands Boardwalk is officially open, it's time to visit! We've put together this list to help you discover just a few of the ways we recommend you explore this nature oasis.
5 Things to Do at Cattail Marsh:
- Check off one of 250 bird species from your birding bucket list. Due to the constant water source and positioning between two coastal flyways on the Great Texas Birding Loop, Cattail Marsh is a prime bird-spotting location for professional and amateur enthusiasts alike.
- Take a picnic to enjoy with the scenery and a hint of fall weather. We suggest boxed lunches from Jason's Deli (born right here in Beaumont)!
- Capture wildlife and nature imagery. The wetlands provide a habitat for a stunning diversity of birds, reptiles, mammals, amphibians and plants. Bring a camera and start snapping!
- Go for a jog or horseback ride. Local running clubs use Cattail Marsh as a regular running spot and Tyrrell Park Stables offers trail rides.
- Perform sun salutations at dawn. Located inside Tyrrell Park, Cattail Marsh is a peaceful respite from the city, making for a nice place to spend time meditating or practicing yoga.
Do you have any other suggestions? Leave them in the comments!
Learn more about Beaumont's outdoor opportunities here or request a Visitor's Guide and start planning your trip!