Think back to the last meal you had where the food melted in your mouth and you savored every bite? It's probably been awhile, but it doesn't have to be if you come to Beaumont, TX. The food here is one of our very best specialties. Don't have another bite until you try what's right - Beaumont cuisine!
Now, we can't really take all the credit, but we'll go ahead and take most of it. Bordered by Louisiana, we have thick Cajun influences in our meals. We also have infamous Tex Mex food that blends Texas flavor with traditional Mexican entrees to contain the perfect amount of sizzle, spice, and pleasure in every bite. If you heard Texans like to tell tall tales, that is true, but this is no exaggeration. Just glance over some of these mouth-watering dishes Beaumont offers:
- Seafood Gumbo made with thick roux and day-fresh shrimp and crab from the Gulf of Mexico
- Chili Con Queso with a basket of freshly made tortilla chips and a gigantic margarita
- Endless boiled crawfish, a side of fresh corn on the cob, and a slice of buttered Texas toast
- Legendary pork sandwiches made with homemade barbeque sauce and all the fixins you need with a glass of sweet tea to start
- Smoked BBQ Brisket and ribs so tender that they fall off the bone and into your stomach
- Delicious enchiladas with your choice of sauces and fillings along with refried beans and Spanish rice piled high on the side, served with bottomless chips and our special blend of salsa - a taste so unique, you can only find in this region
- Seedless watermelon so sweet that you can give up ice cream (But if you don't want to, we have plenty of great places to grab a cone or cup with your choice of a variety of mix-ins).
- Fresh barbequed crabs and spicy boudain that will keep you coming back for more even after you're stuffed
- A bowl of hand-rolled wonton soup, shrimp fried rice, two fried egg rolls, and your choice of an entree with crisp veggies and flavorful meats made in sauces varying from hot to sweet
- Freshly brewed coffee or tea and a pastry to take with you if you're in a hurry and can't sit to enjoy the explosion of taste
- Hand-made pizza with four cheeses, freshly made tomato sauce, delicious spices, and covered with your choice of toppings
- Vegetables, fruit, rice, bread, coffee, and spices all grown or made in the area, which make Beaumont the place for meat lovers and vegetarians alike!
Not into the local cuisine or want your own favorites? We have plenty of great chains in Beaumont that even the locals love to enjoy:
- Black-Eyed Pea
- The Olive Garden
- Pappadeaux and more (Including many of your favorite fast food restaurants if you're on the go!)
We have such renowned local cuisine as well as diverse selections from many different cultures and food types. See our restaurant guide for a breakdown of some of our favorite places. You can always find what you're looking for and get so much more when you dine in Beaumont.
Here are a few places that are unique to Beaumont and make a great story:
Sartin's West:: Leave your suits and ties at home, change into a t-shirt and shorts, throw on a bib, and bring a trash can to the table to enjoy this dress-down seafood delight! Try this local favorite with fantastic BBQ Crabs and fresh seafood served via "platter service." The wait staff will bring an unlimited number of platters overflowing with every seafood critter imaginable and seasoned to perfection. The crawfish, crab, fish, and shrimp are caught fresh daily. Sartin's has a unique taste of rich barbeque, which is associated with Texans, and Cajun flavor that influences the food since we are only 30 miles from Louisiana. Have anything from boudain to boiled crawfish to BBQ brisket to fried shrimp to grilled fish.
TEXJOY Seasoning Made Here!!
TexJoy products are an essential part of Southeast Texas cooking. Their slogan, "If you've never had it, you wouldn't understand," is a great way to convey how Beaumonters feel about their TexJoy. The official name of the company is Texas Coffee Company; they make both Seaport Coffee and TexJoy Steak Seasoning.
History: Texas Coffee Company began in Beaumont, TX, in 1921 by Charles J. Fertitta Sr. He began with an investment of $1,800, a Ford Model T truck, a few pounds of coffee, and a one room shack in the back of Crescent Market on Magnolia Street in Beaumont. In 1926, he formed a partnership with R.C. Maceo and Joseph S. Serio, moved Texas Coffee Company to Port Arthur Road, and built a more modern facility. Mr. Maceo roasted the coffee while Mr. Fertitta sold the coffee in Beaumont and Mr. Serio sold the coffee in Port Arthur. Texas Coffee Company continued to prosper, and in 1968, it became the first coffee company in the United States to begin packaging coffee in vacuum-packaged foil bags. This technology is now the standard for the industry. Today, Texas Coffee Company is the manufacturer and distributor of Seaport Coffee and a full line of spice blends under the TexJoy label.
These are just a few of the historical, unique, and delectable eating establishments in Beaumont. Please call Stephanie Molina at 800-392-4401 to set up a review of one of Beaumont's many fine eateries. And don't forget to check out the restaurant guide to see more of what Beaumont has to offer!