This cypress house was built around 1810. It was barged in from Vermilion Parish, La. and restored by “Les Acadiens du Texas,” an organization dedicated to preserving the culture and language of the Acadian people. The name “Beausoleil,” which means “beautiful sunshine,” honors the Acadian freedom fighter Joseph Broussard dit Beausoleil.
Hours: Sat. - Sun. 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Closed for off-season, dates vary. Recommend calling for current hours. Bus tours and special occasion events by appointment.
Admission: Free, donations accepted.