The John Jay French house, built in 1845, is one of the oldest surviving houses in Beaumont. It is also one of the first houses in Beaumont built with two stories, using milled lumber. The John Jay French Museum demonstrates the life of a prosperous Texas pioneer family from 1845-1865. The historic pioneer settlement, built by John Jay French, tanner and merchant, is filled with antique furnishings, clothing and pioneer household utensils. Outbuildings on the grounds include a blacksmith shop, tannery, privy and smokehouse.
Hosted by the Beaumont Heritage Society, the annual Pumpkin Walk takes place on the grounds of the historic John Jay French Museum. The event includes a haunted tour of the French home along with a
Find old-fashioned Christmas spirit at the historic John Jay French Museum. Built in 1845, the French home will be decorated with fresh greenery, dried fruit, and candles much like the French family