Founded by former NASCAR driver and racing analyst Kyle Petty, the Kyle Petty Charity Ride raises funds and awareness for Victory Junction, a camp created to enrich the lives of children with chronic illnesses.
This year, Petty will lead more than 200 motorcyclists from Carlsbad, California, and travel more than 2,800 miles, to their final destination in Daytona Beach - with a special stop right here in Beaumont, Texas.
Come out to welcome riders and support Victory Junction at the Hampton Inn Beaumont hotel on May 7 at 4:15 p.m.
Attendees will have the opportunity to donate to the Ride's "Small Change. Big Impact." program for Victory Junction, as well as take photos and receive autographs from Kyle Petty, and several other celebrity riders including:
- NASCAR Hall of Famer and seven time champion Richard Petty
- NASCAR driver Matt Kenseth
- NASCAR legends Donnie Allison and Harry Gant
- Former NFL great Herschel Walker
- Former NASCAR driver and Bo-Dyn Olympic bobsled founder Geoff Bodine
- News contributor and former member of the U.S. House of Representatives Col. Allen West
This year's 2,800-mile trek from Carlsbad, Calif to Daytona Beach, Fla. will be completed in eight days. The 2014 route will be the first time the Ride has traveled completely ocean to ocean.
It takes more than $2,500 for a child to attend Victory Junction for a week. But through generous donations, each camper participates for free. The 2013 Charity Ride raised $580,000 thanks to the generosity of riders, corporations, sponsors and individuals.