Hi! We're the staff of the Beaumont Convention & Visitors Bureau, and we're here to help make your trip to Beaumont a success. Whether you're planning a vacation, meeting, convention or reunion, we have the resources that are sure to make your experience a memorable one.
Beaumont is Texas with a little something extra, and sharing it with you is our passion! The Beaumont CVB is an award-winning destination marketing organization, and our staff is second to none when it comes to making sure that visitors and groups have an amazing experience during their time in Beaumont.
Whether you're looking for the perfect hotel, a delicious restaurant, or the meeting facilities that fit your event's needs, let the Beaumont CVB help you plan the perfect Beaumont experience. We have partnerships with businesses throughout the Beaumont area, getting you the inside scoop on the best Beaumont has to offer.
The entire Beaumont Convention & Visitors Bureau is dedicated to promoting Beaumont as a destination for visitors, event planners, group tour operators and businesses. Our mission is to promote Beaumont as a destination for vacationers and event planners alike. With guidance from the bureau's leadership and essential help from volunteers, we find new, exciting ways to showcase Beaumont to the United States and the world! Click here to view our 2012 Marketing Plan.
One of our favorite parts about being involved with sharing Beaumont's unique style is working one-on-one with visitors and community members alike. That's why we host important events like destination training to help hospitality workers show off Beaumont attractions, and our Meeting of the Minds where we brainstorm with hospitality workers to find new ways to show the world how Beaumont is Texas - with a little something extra!
CVB Mission & Overview
It may be too simple to say that bureaus sell cities; but in reality, that is their primary mission. Convention & Visitors Bureaus, or CVBs, are charged with the task of developing an image that will position their cities in the marketplace as a viable destination for meetings and visitors. CVBs have another crucial role as well: that of working with meeting and group tour planners.
The importance of this role can be seen through several key services the bureau offers:
- The bureau can provide contact names and local information to the planner who, like the bureau personnel, is a demanding professional requiring the best of the association, corporation or group. Hence, the bureau serves as the key resource for planners who need assistance in a number of areas.
- The bureau acts as the broker or liaison between the planner and the host destination and its resources, thus, making the meeting or tour planner's job easier.
- Bureaus can efficiently provide city visitors with any array of information that addresses a multitude of questions about hotels, restaurants, attractions, shopping, recreation and entertainment opportunities. In this way, the CVB serves as a visitor's one-stop shopping center for ideas, inspiration and information.
CVBs solicit and service conventions and other related group business as well as engage in visitor promotions, which generate overnight stays for a destination, thereby enhancing and developing the economic fabric of the community. These goals can be realized through a variety of responsibilities delineated within a bureaus marketing program. Such programs tend to cluster around the following broad goals: to prospect, nurture, encourage, and invite associations and corporations to hold meetings, conventions and/or group tours in the city.
Other Objectives Include:
- To assist associations and corporations with the coordinating of their conventions, seminars, and at trade shows while in Beaumont, including housing, transportation, registration or other mutually agreed upon services
- To work with the component elements of the visitor industry, coordinating their resources in support of bidding for conventions, seminars and trade shows
- To provide an array of services to tour planners in developing tours into a city, including suggested itineraries and overnight accommodations
- To provide leadership for the tourism industry, coordinating activities, encouraging marketing activities and providing a holistic image on behalf of the city
Bureaus have a sensitive and important role to play in the leadership of the travel and tourism industry within a community. Without the dynamic and professional role of a bureau, a city is less likely to have an image in the marketplace among meeting and tour planners. As a result, the city will not gain the benefits that occur from having visitors spending time and money in their communities.
Bringing together local political, civic, business and tourism industry representatives requires skilled and sophisticated leadership. Those bureaus which have been most consistently successful in their marketing endeavors have been those which have sought and obtained that kind of quality personnel.
The Beaumont CVB and/or its staff are members of the following organizations:
- American Bus Association (ABA)
- Association of Convention Operations Management (ACOM)
- Bank Travel Network
- Beaumont Chamber of Commerce
- Christian Meeting & Convention Association (CMCA)
- Dallas/Fort Worth Society of Association Executives (DFWAE)
- Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI)
- Leadership Beaumont (LB)
- Leadership Southeast Texas (LSET)
- National Tour Association (NTA)
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- Religious Conference Management Association (RCMA)
- Rotary Club of Beaumont
- Society of American Travel Writers (SATW)
- Society of Government Meeting Planners (SGMP)
- South Central Motorcoach Association (SCMA)
- Spindletop Rotary Club of Beaumont
- Texas Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus (TACVB)
- Texas Society of Association Executives (TSAE)
- Texas Travel Industry Association (TTIA)
- The Reunion Friendly Network (RFN)